CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Family, Fires and Fun!

I have been looking forward to this upcoming weekend for quite sometime. After nearly a month of putting in extra long hours and some sleepless nights, the time has nearly come to go spend time with my family up in the mountains camping!!! I honestly cannot wait!
We purchased our first sleeping bags and a air mattress to make our stay a little more comfortable
One of my favorite things to do is to sit around the smelly fire and laugh and spend time with my family. We usually end up sharing memories that we have had and toasting our gooey marshmallows that usually end up charred and sootie . While growing up I remember my dad always having his copper pipes that he would bring camping. Sound unusual, that is because it is!! He has learned how to make the entire campfire glow with shades of purple, green and blues. It is quite mesmerizing.
I cant wait to see our family and spend some much needed time together

5 comments:

The Razon's said...

so apparently 2 of the words that I posted, Blogger didnt like. I cant fix it hahaha.. Oh well, I tried

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

We are excited too my dear cousin! I'm not excited about the having to pee every 2 hours during the night but I'm excited to spend time with family. Did you try changing those 2 words to a white font? It looks like they somehow were just black letters instead.

The Gathering Place said...

Let's party!!!!

Anonymous said...

i cant wait either!! i didnt know liz was able to come too~ see you soon.

Jen and Chase said...

Melissa! I love your blog, I'm going to add it to my list!
P.S. I love that you work at Nordstrom's. That is pretty much the coolest ever.