CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

So, I guess I am going to go against what I said I would do and talk about my emotions for one tiny minute. Tonight I missed a call from my Dr. who was calling to confirm that I did indeed have a miscarriage. Due to my dropping HCG levels, its kind of a done deal at this point. For some reason this week has been one of the hardest weeks of my entire life but I have had a very overwhelming feeling of comfort. As most of you know our basement flooded and destroyed our bedroom and at that point, I thought that it was a HUGE deal... Wrong, then the letter came that nearly crushed me last Tuesday regarding our future and I thought at that point that it was a HUGE deal.... wrong. Then while at work I noticed that something was not quite right with my body on Friday and realized that maybe the stress of everything was taking its toll..... This past week or so, there have been quite a few trials and challenges in my family and extended family. For a small moment all I could do is question why? My sweet family came over on Friday and gave Mitch and me a very comforting blessing and within an hour nearly all of my pain was gone. While going through some very challenging things we have still been able to see little "tender mercies" as my mom would put it in our life. I just want to thank all of my wonderful friends and family who have seriously been such a huge support and blessing to us during this very challenging time in mine and Mitch's life. A day at a time... One challenge at a time, we will survive.

♥ you all

11 comments:

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Melissa, all I can do is say I love you. I know what you mean about the worste week of your life thing. This week has been so challenging for me. But like you said, I have had such a strong feeling of comfort and peace and I know without a doubt that everything is going to be ok. We have a wonderful support system in our family and for that I am grateful. Love you girl!

The Gathering Place said...

Don we all wish that we could take the pain out of life, but that would also take away all the joy. Sometimes life is just plain HARD! It is comforting to know that our family support, celebrate, and even cry with each other. Things will get better! We love you.

linda said...

We do have a great supportive family network! So grateful for the tender mercies and the principle of faith. We hate to see each other have hard times but there is someone who always knows just exactly how we feel. Draw your strength from Him. Love you Meliss

julie said...

JoAnn is right. Sometimes life is just plain hard, but fortunately it is also worth it. You and Mitch have been in our prayers and will continue to be. We know who the source of peace is and we will turn to Him along with you. He will see you through. Love you!

Elysha said...

We are truly sorry about your recent circumstances. LOVE YOU!!!

Kelli said...

Oh Meliss, I love you. My heart aches for you. I have to ditto all the comments that have been made. Whenever I go through hardships my mom always says, "We'll pray for you." Well, like my mom, we too are praying for you. And if we take on our challenges with that faith, it will all work out. Heavenly Father is just trying to refine us and help us become the person He sees inside us. Love you so much!

Gena said...

love you.

Irene said...

Sorry that all this junky stuff had to hit you at once :( You are an amazing woman and we love you!

Michelle said...

Hey I've been spying on your blog for a while and love your updates on FB. I am so sorry for your loss and the other crappy events that have surrounded it. All I can think is this to shall pass, I hope it does quickly.

Michelle

jen said...

Hey Mel,
I am so sorry about everything, you have really been dealt a lot this last little while. You are amazing & strong & will get through all of this - hang in there! We love you & also continue to pray for you! Yes, things will get better & we become stronger. I too am so grateful for all of you guys - I love our family! Hugs from Preston - We love ya tons!

Mindy said...

Melissa, I'm sorry to hear life has been hard for you lately. I'm especially sorry about the miscarriage. Having gone through that myself, I can understand the heartache you must be feeling. I hope these current trials pass by quickly for you. Wishing you many happy weeks ahead.