CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 13, 2011


After quite a few crummy days, I decided today that it was about time to turn things around. I decided that I was going to make cookies for the neighbors and quit feeling sorry for myself. After calling my mom to get the recipe for the"famous easy chocolate chip cookies" I got to work.

I make what felt like a trillion cookies and baked them up, the entire time trying to decide which neighbors I was going to give them to. The buzzer rang, and I grabbed the hot pad. Snitched a little taste just to make sure that I dont kill them and grabbed the plates.....
WHAT?? WE only have 1 paper plate left? I guess I would have known that if I cooked a little more often than once a week at this point but needless to say, One neighbor got cookies and now I have HOARDS of cookies! Do they freeze? I know that cookie dough does but actual cookies? Probably not! Oh well, its the thought that counts right?
Guess we should have gotten milk and paper plates!


William Sonoma Chocolate Chip cookie recipe
OUR FAVORITE

1 1/3 Cups Flour
1/2 tea baking powder
1/2 tea baking soda
1/2 tea salt
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1 egg
1 tea vanilla (♥to add Mexican Vanilla)
Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips. ♥ghiradelli or nestle

Try them out. Bake 350 for 8 minutes or so. Check your oven, mine cooks hotter than most

♥ ya'll, Meliss

4 comments:

Andrea said...

Cookies do freeze! You are too cute, I wish you were my neighbor...I'd take them in tinfoil!

julie said...

I made choco chip cookies today, too. Wish I had seen your post first so I could have tried your recipe! I think you can freeze cookies alright ...but I wouldn't leave them in the freezer too long. I froze some of my dough...got tired of baking. The danger is that I love cookie dough and I'll probably eat the whole log of it before I ever bake any more!

The Gathering Place said...

I saw some cute cookies wrapped up with saran wrap and tied with ribbon. I think people would love cookies, no matter what they were wrapped in or on. Glad you had a domestic day!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

You should... dun dun dun... bring some to me... in a towel or something since you don't have any paper plates. :)