CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

We are still here!

I am giving in and blogging again!
First of all I want to re-introduce ourselves! Im Melissa... okay just kidding!
I know it has been a long time, we have just had a lot going on!

If we havent seen you in a while it is because we have been a little preoccupied with a few things.
First and foremost, we MOVED!!
Well kind of, we are back in our bedroom and family room!
After a flood destroyed our basement down to the 2x4's we are nearly back to normal.
Thanks to my Dad and Mitch for many hours on their hands and knees, drilling, sweeping, chopping, screwdriving, taping, mudding and sanding it is finally over!
A few weeks ago we had new carpet installed and it almost just almost feels like a new house to us!

Next after almost 4 years of trying to figure out our Legal immigration mess that we have had on our hands, we can happily say that Mitch is safe and sound! No more phone calls back and forth to our lawyers office, no more interviews, no more worrying every single time the door bell rings, we are finally free! I say we because it has been an eye opening experience for me, someone who really didnt know much about our immigration system say even 5 years ago.
Mitch even seems like a different person, sort of like he has let a little bit of his guard down and he is more relaxed. All I can say is that we will probably always continue to pray for those who are going through immigration battles because we know how hard it can be.
We want to thank every single last one of your for the prayers and letters that were written. I know that I mentioned it before but it has been humbling to read the sweet stories that were written.

I cant get any of my pictures to load at the moment but we have done a few projects that I will post in the next little bit.
For now, thanks again for being our friends! We ♥ you!
Mitchie and Meliss

3 comments:

The Gathering Place said...

Glad things are finally working out for you. Can't wait to see your new basement.

Elysha said...

I am so glad that you have new carpet. What a nightmare...I am glad that it is over for you. Yay for Mitch!! That is so wonderful. Sure love you both! We should get together soon.

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

I'm so glad you didn't give up blogging. I love hearing about all your Melissa-isms. :) I'm glad you got everything figured out with Mitch too. What a relief. We love ya!