CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 12, 2009


The other day I was on my way to work. It was my night at work to close and be the manager in charge so I didnt have to be there until 1:00. I decided to leave a little early so that I could grab some lunch. I decided to stop at the Subway in American Fork.
I got in line and ordered my sandwich and found a seat. About 5 minutes later the entire place was packed full of students from a nearby Highschool. There must have been 30 or more students packed into that little tiny building. I noticed that at the very end of the line there was a short, cute little gal who was standing alone looking very uncomfortable. Not one person tried to include her or involve her in anyway. For some reason it was just killing me seeing her so lonely and uncomfortable. On my way out I mentioned to her that she had a cute backpack and the cute little smile on her face just made my day... I just couldnt quit thinkin about the situation.
I dont think that we ever know what someone is going through, life if full of challenges that are big and small. Lately there are times where it seems easier to feel sorry for yourself rather than getting up and trying to make a difference to somebody.
I hope we can all try to make a difference in some ones day.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I love you Melissa! This is what is so great about your personality because you can just brighten up anyone's day..even some cute kid in Subway! Thanks for always being such a great friend!!

Liz, Karl, Madison, Brooklyn, Aubrey and Zachary said...

Way to go Melissa. That is so sad... but you know that people get into those situations all the time. It really is amazing what one small act can do to change a persons attitude.

The Gathering Place said...

Good deed for you! I would hate to be that age again and go through all the insecurities. You probably made her day!

Anonymous said...

Melissa! What a true statement, we never know what's going on with others. You're too cute. I don't know if I knew you had a blog but I do now and am pretty excited! :) I'm doing good! I love being a mom, let alone a stay at home mom. Oliver is such a good baby and loads of fun. We should really get together come time. Miss you bunches!

auntie julie said...

Life can be kinda tough at times and if we all would be more aware and try to help brighten others days think of what a difference we all could make. Thanks for sharing that Melissa, I'm going to try a little harder to be a little better! Love ya!!!!!

linda mom said...

This is what I love about you! You have always been aware of the "one". I know you've given $ to the homless and wanted to help the stranded. That is a great quality. Remember the story of the school boy who was on his way home from school to end it all and someone made a diffience that day and it kept him from doing it. We never know. Way to go for trying to make a difference!